A Web Presence is must for businesses in todays world. Heart and Soul Web Design is a web development company that can handle your website design, and web marketing. We are designing and programming web sites that are technologically advanced and user oriented. The internet solutions and web development area is constantly changing and we feel proud to be in the front line when it comes to new solutions for making the internet work in the best ways for our clients.
Our job is to make you a web site that can express the feelings that you want your web site to express to your web site visitors. We can do everything from the web site development, design and programming, help you choose a place for your site, register it in the search engines and directories and optimize its ranking and popularity. And we don’t take any shortcuts when it comes to making our clients 100% happy with the finished web site.
These are the areas we can help you with:
Why WordPress for your website design?
Are you considering creating a website design in WordPress, or moving your current HTML site to a WordPress platform? If so, you may be wondering – what in the world is WordPress? Why is everyone talking about it? What’s the big deal? This document was created to give you some of the benefits of WordPress, and explain why the whole world seems to have gone WordPress crazy!
WordPress is an open-source content management platform that was initially developed in 2003 as a blogging tool. WordPress has grown and expanded over the last eight years, and has become the world’s most popular content management system. It is used for blogging as well as for both personal and business website design.
Because WordPress is open source, the software itself is completely free. Anyone who wants to use WordPress needs to buy hosting for their site, usually at less than $150 per year.
Here are the advantages of using WordPress:
- WordPress allows site owners to have complete control over the content of their sites WITHOUT having to know HTML. It is an easy-to-use application that allows you to publish pages and blog posts, edit previous pages, upload images, embed videos and keep your site updated – all without knowing a lick of HTML. If you can use Microsoft Word, you can learn to use WordPress for your website design!
- The fact that your site can be managed without knowing HTML or PHP eliminates the need to pay a webmaster or web developer every time you want to make a change to your site or publish new content. This can result in HUGE long-term savings over the life of your site.
- WordPress works beautifully with search engines. WordPress software is beautifully optimized for the search engines, which means that your web pages get found more quickly and come up in searches more often. And because it’s easy to publish new content, you’ll be much more likely to update your site on a regular basis, which is the BEST thing you can do to be found regularly by Google. Some of our clients have published content on their WordPress webites that is indexed and found by Google by the same afternoon.
- The WordPress platform comes with an entire library of plugins, which are powerful tools that work in conjunction with WordPress. Some common plugins can do things like:
- Help you better optimize your site for the keywords you want to be found for.
- Link your site with Google Analytics, so you can easily track traffic to your site.
- Add Twitter and Facebook “Like” buttons to your pages, so your readers can easily share your content on social media sites.
- And more! There are currently over 15,000 plugins in the WordPress plugin directory.
- The WordPress platform will allow your site to grow with you. WordPress is a fast, powerful publishing platform that allows your site to grow and expand as your organization does. You won’t need to switch platforms in two years because you’ve outgrown your web tool – WordPress will allow you to grow as fast and as big as you want, and it will be your partner in web publishing!